I purchased Castin' Craft Resin and its catalyst components and played around with coloring options that I already had like nail polish and eyeshadow. I will probably bring out the oil paints for a more opaque look next time. I can also embed objects in the resin, so I am sketching up some fun drawings (probably anatomical) to include behind the resin. I am super excited about those!!
This website has been extremely helpful explaining step-by-step how to use resin. http://www.inspiri-art-and-craft.com/resin-jewelry.html
So for now the finished products are curing in front of a window for added ventilation. I am extremely impatient and it's tough to wait 24 hours for them to completely dry! I've already poked at them a couple times....lol!
The ideas are endless!! I can't wait to be able to use this medium for my jewelry! I'm starting to make a "Creative To-Do List" because I have so many different ideas and projects that i want to try out and learn! So far here's my start:
- Resin casting for jewelry
- Metal clay for jewelry
- Etching for jewelry
- Triptych painting on found alley wooden materials
- Polymer clay sculpting (possible bobblehead creation)
- T-shirt quilt (leftover project)
- Altered book (hopefully continuing the round robin)
- Mini-Bowling Pin paintings (actual christmas project)
What's on your list?