Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy Fat Tuesday!

I am currently vacationing in the south, so I'd better celebrate their famous holiday, Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras! I'm not in New Orleans however, I am in the panhandle of Florida on Cape San Blas. It is absolutely gorgeous! The weather isn't beach-bikini worthy, but it's very relaxing to walk the beach and pick up shells.
The big thing that moved me about this place is the darkness. I hail from Chicago where the light pollution is ridiculous. I haven't seen stars since I was back home for the new year. Here on the cape, they have no street lights, no security lights and a law that requires people to shutter their beach houses so the sea turtles can follow the moon light to the ocean. So, at the end of the day when the sun is totally gone, it is PITCH BLACK. It creeped me out at first, but then I could hear the waves on the beach and it became a very relaxing and spiritual moment.
Although it has been chilly and windy, we've been able to walk the beach a few times and picked up quite a collection of shells!

Enjoy a few of my favorite Florida finds so far!



Finally, my favorite photo, along with a comment that provoked gut shaking laughter in our car!
"The Ass Farm"

1 comment:

  1. ever consider expanding the coop to include an ass farm?!!

    ReplyDelete